Kasi halwa is made of white pumpkin which is normally used for making curries. This is so delicious and crunchy which differentiate it from other soft halwa. This can be easily made. The only time consuming is to grate pumpkin.
White pumpkin/ Kumbalanga – 2 cup grated
Sugar – 1/2 cup
Ghee – 2 tbsn
Cashews – 2 tbsn chopped
- Squeeze the grated pumpkin in a muslin cloth. Save that water.
- In a pan add a little ghee and fry cashews till golden.
- Keep aside the cashews.
- In the same pan add squeezed pumpkin and stir for a minute.
- Then add squeezed and saved water. Cook for 2 minutes in medium flame.
- When the water dries out aof sugar. It will leaves out water again.
- Stir continuously so the bottom will not burn.
- When the liquid evaporates, add remaining ghee little by little and stir continuously.
- Add cashews and switch off.
- Serve warm or cold.
Recommend0 recommendationsPublished in