What is Anxiety?
Do you feel nervous right before your exam or when you have to make an important decision? Certainly Yes!. This temporary emotion is completely normal. But when everything becomes a reason to worry and stress then it is a mental illness. Anxiety is a mental disorder which is a permanent feeling of stress. Your mind is always occupied by anxious thoughts and does not let you sleep or eat. Anxiety is a serious problem when it obstructs your normal life.
However, it is possible to live a normal life through treatments available.
Here are Some common habits that can make your anxiety worse.
Anxiety and caffeine are linked to each other. People usually have coffee to stay awake as they feel that the person’s fatigue level is reduced. But Caffeine is a false friend because it triggers anxiety. Caffeine causes many mental disorders, including anxiety disorder. Caffeine is found in tea, coffee, and most energy drinks. If you are having more than two or three caffeine drinks a day, then you should definitely reduce its consumption. In initial stage reduce its consumption and eventually withdraw this addiction.
“Caffeine raises your heart rate and causes us to have that nervous feeling and to feel agitation,” says Martinez.
Link between anxiety and Caffeine
1. It increases stress hormones, Heart rate and blood pressure.
2. Caffeine causes insomnia. (Also a common side effect of anxiety)
3. Caffeine takes away the essential nutrients for the brain. (Important for your brain health and mood)
4. An anxious person’s blood flow to the brain is already reduced and caffeine reduces it even further.
#9. Complaining will only make anxiety worse.
In Today’s world, the most comfortable and easiest things people will opt for is complaining. I do not need to explain how negative thoughts bring down your immune system. When you sit back and complain about things, situation, people and sometimes even blame yourself, then in this case you are making anxiety worse.
Why not stop complaining?
Rather than looking at the negative side consider the brighter side
Why not try to solve the problem instead of complaining?
How to stop complaining
1. Consider looking at the brighter side. Problems can give you an opportunity to learn and grow.
2. Don’t focus on the wrong instead, focus on the solution.
3. Give yourself time to think and enjoy the little things to keep you away from worries.
4. Distance yourself from negative people.
The worst you can do to yourself is allowing alcohol to rule your body, assuming that they can cope up with the stress. But that’s not true! It is you who have the ability to cope up with anxiety and when you think alcohol can make you feel better, then you are ruining yourself. Even if you are a casual user and has an anxiety disorder, it is worth cutting off alcohol consumption. If you belong to the regular consumer category, then this is surely the right time to stop Alcohol. Give your body enough time to let go of this addiction and experience the positive change in you.
Once your body becomes used to them, you can start to feel anxiety symptoms while you are still taking them, and these can become worse as you try to withdraw from it. You should take help of the trained professionals.
Any drugs, smoking, and alcohol are equally bad for your health. So, if you are working on anxiety you should remove these bad habits from your routine.
How alcohol causes anxiety
1. Alcohol can affect the level of serotonin (feel good brain chemical). The reduction in this chemical can cause anxiety and depression.
2. It drops in blood sugar, which causes anxiety symptoms like confusion, weakness etc.
3. It affects the Nervous system and heart rate, which can put in a state of anxiety.
4. It causes dehydration, which triggers anxiety.
#7. Lack of exercise
Everyone knows the importance of exercise, but how many people really follow this religiously? Lack of exercise can cause anxiety. Some forms of anxiety leave the person feeling too exhausted and so they do not exercise. However, the less you use your body the less you feel like using it. After all, our body was designed to be used.
Exercise helps you in many ways. It helps burn off muscle tension and helps healthy breathing. It produces beneficial chemicals in your brain. No matter how less you use to exercise earlier, but if you want to stay fit both mentally and physically you should regularly exercise. This disorder may make you feel exhausted very easily, but you don’t have to stop. Exercising is one of the most crucial parts of controlling anxiety and ignoring exercise is a big mistake.
How does exercise help in anxiety
1. It releases the feel-good brain chemicals.
2. It reduces the immune system chemicals that trigger depression.
3. Calms and relaxes the body.
4. You are coping up in a healthy way.
Click here to read the other points :10 things that can make your anxiety worse even without realizing it.Recommend0 recommendationsPublished in