Blogtrumpet’s social and sharing products and services enable people from diverse backgrounds to start conversations, share experiences, collaborate on projects, and form new communities. Our policies play an important role in maintaining a positive experience for our users on the products listed below (collectively referred to as the “Services”). Please follow these policies as you
- use Blogtrumpet, including comments on other related websites such as the Blowtrumpet website.
- participate in publicly shared Blogtrumpet blogs
- send Blogtrumpet invitations
- share content by links or other means using our products and services
We depend heavily upon users to let us know about content that may violate our policies. After we are notified of a potential policy violation, we may review the content and take action, including restricting access to the content, removing the content, refusing to print the content and limiting or terminating a user’s access to Blogtrumpet products. Note that we may make exceptions to these policies based on artistic, educational, or documentary considerations, or when there are other substantial benefits to the public from not taking action.
We occasionally modify these policies, so please check back here for any updates. Beyond the policies listed below, note that several products and features may have additional policies and terms — please check the links provided for those additional requirements.
Do not use our Services to engage in illegal activities or to promote activities that are dangerous and illegal, such as terrorism, the sale of illegal drugs, or human trafficking.
We may also remove content that violates applicable local laws. To report content that you believe should be removed based on local laws, click here.
Malicious and Deceptive Practices
Do not transmit viruses, malware, or any other malicious or destructive code. Do not distribute content that harms or interferes with the operation of the networks, servers, or other infrastructure of Blogtrumpet or others. Do not use our Services for phishing scams.
Our products are platforms for free expression. But we don’t support content that promotes or condones violence against individuals or groups based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, nationality, veteran status, or sexual orientation/gender identity, or whose primary purpose is inciting hatred on the basis of these core characteristics. This can be a delicate balancing act, but if the primary purpose is to attack a protected group, the content crosses the line.
Harassment, Bullying, and Threats
Do not engage in harassing, bullying, or threatening behaviour, and do not incite others to engage in these activities. Anyone using our Services to single someone out for malicious abuse, to threaten someone with serious harm, to sexualise a person in an unwanted way, or to harass in other ways may have the offending content removed or be permanently banned from using the Services. In emergency situations, we may escalate imminent threats of serious harm to law enforcement. Keep in mind that online harassment is also illegal in many places and can have serious offline consequences for both the harasser and the victim.
Personal and Confidential Information
Do not distribute other people’s personal and confidential information, such as credit card numbers, confidential national ID numbers, or account passwords, without their permission. Do not post or distribute images or videos of minors without the necessary consent from their legal representatives. Report a violation
Do not upload or share content that exploits or abuses children. This includes all child sexual abuse imagery (even cartoon images) and all content that presents children in a sexual manner. We will remove such content and take appropriate action. Note that this policy may additionally apply to any content uploaded or transmitted through our Services.
If you find any content that you think exploits children in this manner, do not re-share or comment on such content, even if your intent is to bring it to Blogtrumpet’s attention. Instead, use the Report a violation link to let us know and have the content reviewed.
Do not spam, including by sending unwanted promotional or commercial content, or unwanted or mass solicitation.
Do not aggressively send invitations, add people as friends, or message people that you do not know.
Do not manipulate ranking or relevancy using techniques like repetitive or misleading keywords or metadata.
Sexually Explicit Material
Do not distribute sexually explicit or pornographic material. Do not drive traffic to commercial pornography sites.
We do allow naturalistic and documentary depictions that may serve a clear educational, scientific, or artistic purpose.
Note that your Blogtrumpet profile photo, cover photo cannot include mature or offensive content.
Do not distribute depictions of graphic or gratuitous violence.
Regulated Goods and Services
Our Services enable discussion of many topics, but we do not allow content that facilitates the sale of regulated products and services, including alcohol, gambling, pharmaceuticals and unapproved supplements, tobacco, fireworks, weapons, or health/medical devices.
If we receive a complaint about such content we may remove or restrict the offending content or account.
Even with the appropriate age and geographical restrictions in place, we still do not allow the facilitation and promotion of the sale of the products listed above. We endeavour to maintain independence regarding decisions to add to (or, amend) the above list, products and services that may be derivatives, related or attempt to promote the use of such derivative or related products through direct or surrogate means of advertising or promotion.
Do not use our Services to mislead or confuse users by pretending to be someone else or pretending to represent an organisation you do not represent.
Do not access another user’s account without their permission.
Use of Multiple Accounts
Do not create or use multiple accounts to evade our policies or bypass blocks or otherwise subvert restrictions placed on your account. For example, if you’ve been blocked by another user or suspended for abuse, don’t create a replacement account that engages in similar activity.
If you are using our service in a workplace or on a device or account issued to you by your employer or another organisation (your “Organisation”), that Organisation likely has its own policies regarding your use of Blogtrumpet and your use of the service should comply with these policies. Please contact your Organisation if you have any questions regarding its policies.
In addition to your Organisation’s policies, we’ve also created the following rules to help ensure responsible use of our services. When using Blogtrumpet, you must not:
- Hide your identity, impersonate anyone else or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity.
- Engage in any activity that exploits, harms or threatens to harm children.
- Create or display content that is illegal, discriminatory, harmful, fraudulent, deceptive or defamatory, or that promotes or encourages violence, violation of laws, self- mutilation, eating disorders or drug abuse.
- Violate laws or infringe the rights of Blogtrumpet or any third party.
- Interfere with the normal functioning of Blogtrumpet or anyone else’s use of Blogtrumpet.
- Access Blogtrumpet or related content or information through means that are not authorised by Blogtrumpet (including through scraping or crawling); circumvent access controls; or otherwise attempt to gain unauthorised access to Blogtrumpet or related systems, passwords or accounts.
- Upload viruses, malware or other malicious code, or do anything that could damage, disable, overburden or impair Blogtrumpet or related systems (such as a denial-of-service attack or interference with page rendering or other Blogtrumpet functionality).
Our products and services are not directed to children aged less than 18, so if you are less than 18 years of age, you are not permitted to access or use the service.
We may (but have no obligation to) remove or limit access to any of your data or content if we believe that it violates this Acceptable Use Policy, your Organisation’s Enterprise Agreement or applicable laws or regulations.
We welcome all feedback, but please note that we may use your comments or suggestions without any obligation or compensation to you.
Embedded Content Policy
When you embed content from Blogtrumpet or its products and services (such as Blogtrumpet) on a webpage, article, or other external location, you must follow the Blogtrumpet Terms of Service, and the following policies:
- Make sure that the location on which you embed Blogtrumpet content adheres to the Blogtrumpet Community Policies and Guidelines. For example, do not embed Blogtrumpet content on a webpage that promotes illegal activities, contains sexually explicit material, or includes malicious code.
- Do not embed and include Blogtrumpet content in a manner or context that would violate the Blogtrumpet Community Policies and Guidelines. For example, do not embed content in a way that results in harassment or bullying of others.
- Do not embed Blogtrumpet content within advertisements or for other commercial purposes.
- Do not alter or obfuscate embedded Blogtrumpet content or any of the surrounding presentation, material, or code associated with the embedded Blogtrumpet content.
- Do not attempt to discover the identity of users who comment or take other action on embedded Blogtrumpet content unless the user consents to share his or her identity with you via a procedure approved by Blogtrumpet.
Blogtrumpet may analyse your use of embedded content, including to ensure your compliance with these policies and to facilitate our development of tools for embedding content. By embedding Blogtrumpet content on a website (including content from Blogtrumpet products and services), you give Blogtrumpet permission to review and analyse that website.
If we are notified that your use of embedded Blogtrumpet content violates any of these policies or the Blogtrumpet Terms of Service, we may review and take action, including blocking you, your account, or removing your account while also imposing a ban. Please note that we may modify these policies, and that we will post notice of modifications to these policies on this page.
About our Policies and Terms
These policies apply generally to the content you post on our Services. Some services have their own separate policies that can be found within those services and apply to your use of them. All Blogtrumpet products and services are governed by their applicable terms of service.